Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

if you're thinking about getting a DSLR...

    08-16-1008-16-10
    thrifted linen shirt, acne graphic tee, citizens of humanity jean leggings, forever 21 ring, united bamboo booties via creatures of comfort

    I get a lot of questions about my camera so I thought I'd finally take some time talk about it here. I've been using my Nikon D5000 DLSR for the past 9 months and I wouldn't trade it in for anything else. It's easy to use even when I usually shoot with manual settings and even has a live-view option with an LCD screen which can flip around and let you see from different angles. Before this I had a point-and-shoot camera for everyday shots and a film SLR (Minolta SRT-201) for the occasional outing but I was always very hesitant about spending so much on a DSLR until my 21st birthday finally rolled around. Now I have my camera with me around 75% of the time and although it may seem big, it actually fits in most of my bags (although Luxirare's camera bag is pretty fucking fantastic, isn't it?)

    As for the lens, for a month or so I was shopping around for the easiest lens I could possibly use and came across this 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX one which is the most similar to the lens I was used to shooting with for my film SLR. I usually shoot with a high aperture since I prefer photos with a lot of light so I rarely take photos at night unless there's exceptionally good lighting. Overall, I'm satisfied with how clear my photos turn out and I'd definitely recommend both the camera and lens to anyone who is considering getting a DSLR.

    I know I'm totally cheating with this type of outfit shot but sometimes you just can't find someone to take your photos. Thanks to everyone who commented on my hair, I'm still getting used to it but right now I'm actually really happy with the way it looks. I've also been wearing my new United Bamboo booties all weekend which make terrible days much more bearable even when you've lost your phone on BART and may have stepped in dog crap. Don't worry, it came off and someone was kind enough to pick it up and drop it off at a station. I'm so happy people like that still exist in this world.

    ETA: I've also been getting a couple comments/emails about my Fjallraven bag... J.Crew stocks them in the children section! I'm not sure if they have them in stores since none of the stores around here carry the kids' collections but I just ordered another in black online. Also, check out my interview with Beso for winning their contest with Chictopia!

    united bamboo booties